Archive for Making Marketing Work
Content marketing is the process in which you create and distribute helpful, relevant information through various media channels to attract potential customers. Your content should be relevant to your business so people will come to trust you and your knowledge of what you are selling.
If you are trying to build a successful online business, content marketing can do much more for that business than simply placing ads. People are looking for information and they can see through fluffy, useless content. But not only is it people that are looking for valuable content but the search engines are as well.
If you have not done so already, you need to start producing an applicable content marketing plan.
Below are some important strategies to help you implement a successful campaign.
1. Find Out What Information People Want and Need – Visit social sites, ask questions, do surveys, visit forums, etc., and find out what people want to know and what information they are seeking. All the content in the world won’t do you any good if nobody wants the information you provide.
2. Schedule Your Content to Match Seasons or Holidays – Each month of the year could bring the need for specific information. Match your content to specific needs for each month of the year. For example: if you own a gardening and/or landscaping business you could provide content on what you should be doing each month to accomplish the best garden/yard possible.
3. Use Your Content as a Lead-In – Write a series of articles that lead to a product or event to bring attention to it. The information provided in the content can be an effective magnet towards the bigger goal. Read More→
Although the internet gives most of us an opportunity to build our own business, advertising and marketing that business can run into a lot of money. For many of us, this obstacle could be too big to withstand. Fortunately there are many ways you can effectively market your online business without paying a cent.
Below are 15 zero cost marketing ideas and techniques that are known to create results.
1. Ad Swapping – If you publish your own ezine or newsletter, you will want to contact other ezine publishers and ask them if they would be interested in an ad swap. You each run the other’s ad for an agreed amount of time for free exposure. Read More→
Because of the internet we all have the opportunity to make our own success and live the life of our dreams. But this does not mean that building a thriving internet business is easy or a way to “get rich quick”.
Starting and building an established online business takes commitment, persistence, hard work, and the drive to make it succeed. Unfortunately many people are led to believe it is as simple as putting up a website, placing a few ads and watching the money pour in.
That is exactly what I thought over 16 years ago when I first started online. I learned fast that building an online business would be much more than I ever imagined. While teaching myself how to make my business successful I made many mistakes. But I persisted and worked very hard. Then a very exciting thing happened. I started experiencing the benefits of success – both financially and personally. I find this work to be very rewarding in many ways and would recommend to anyone to stick with it and make it happen for yourself!
Mistakes are a very valuable part of building a business if you learn from them. Use your mistakes to your advantage. Below are some of the most common mistakes we can make when developing an online business. Read More→
Pinterest, a very prominent social media site, is now just behind Twitter in popularity and is growing rapidly. Pinterest incites more referral traffic than Twitter and LinkedIn combined. Obviously, this popular social site could do a lot for your business and online presence but as with all tools, it must be used properly.
The basic idea of Pinterest is to start boards on which you pin images along with a text description of what you are pinning. Some of the most popular type of pins are home, arts and crafts, style and fashion and food. Food is one of the most rapidly growing popular categories.
Learning to pin more efficiently will help increase your visibility, traffic and sales.
1. Pin Regularly- Map out a pinning schedule and stick to it. Be sure to pin at different times for optimal results. Try pinning 20 or more times throughout the day, if possible. It is better to pin consistently throughout the week rather than bulk pinning in spurts. Read More→
The holidays always come upon us faster than we expect them too so making sure your business is prepared can be challenging. With social media comes more ways to brand your business for the holidays. Social media marketing is always a powerful way to build your business but there are some tips and tricks you can integrate to elevate your social media for the holiday season.
Last year’s Cyber Monday brought in $1.4 billion in online spending which made it the largest shopping day in internet history. This year promises to increase so be ready and be a part of it!
1. Show Appreciation – Everyone wants to be appreciated and your potential customers are no different. Offer free gifts, coupons, or other specials to show your appreciation for one and all.
2. Holiday Events – Provide fun competitions and events in which your visitors and customers can participate. Throw an online holiday party with themed promotional offers such as 12 Days of Giveaways or Tis the Reason for Giving. The possibilities are endless for offering holiday themed gifts and giveaways. Promote these events on all your social sites as well as your main site and offer incentives for participation. Read More→
A study done by ExactTarget shows that 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based communication and sales messages by email. And according to Experian, for every dollar spent on email marketing there is an average return of $44.25.
Building a responsive mailing list can do wonders for your business but there are some misconceptions about email marketing that could cause you to lose your subscribers.
1. Not Being Consistent – eMail marketing should be regular and consistent. Don’t send a message “every now and then” and expect to get a response. You need to send regular updates and information to your readers to show you are reliable. There are different opinions on how often you should send your emails but consistency is the key. If you send your messages once a month then be sure to send one every month. I have unsubscribed to several email lists because the newsletters and/or updates were sent out so inconsistently. This shows me that the business owner is not committed to his business and therefore would not be committed to his customers. Read More→
An infographic is a collection of data or information put into a visual graphic image for quicker understanding and more effective retention. Visual marketing has been proven to be many more times effective than text.
According to 3M Corporation and Zabisco, 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text. The internet has taken visual marketing to the next level and infographics are becoming a major part of that growth.
There are many benefits to using infographics in your marketing and on your website.
Article marketing is a form of advertising whereby you write informative articles and submit them to various places on the internet. Article directories, blogs, and ezine publishers are a just a few places to submit your articles.
Article marketing has actually been used long before the internet arrived. But, as with many forms of marketing, the internet has expanded the possibilities of article marketing to help make it a much more powerful tool in your advertising arsenal.
The main goal of your article marketing campaign should be to attract people, connect with people and get them to visit your site.
If you execute any or all of the following, you more than likely will kill your marketing campaign without accomplishing those goals. Read More→
Video marketing can boost your sales substantially. But, making an effective video will take time and effort. According to ComScore, 64% of viewers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video. Video was the fastest growing advertising method in 2012. If you do not already, you might want to seriously consider a promotional video for your business.
Below are ten points of protocol for your video:
Grab Your Audience – Making an impact in the first few seconds of your video could mean the difference between success and failure. Getting the audience involved works very well in many situations. This will compel them to hear more. For instance, if you are offering a business opportunity, ask the audience to look in their wallets/purse. Then ask them to count the money (to themselves). Most people will wish they had more to count. You can let them know you have the solution. Have them do something that will make them more aware of the problem and offer the solution. Read More→